Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 17 13 3:44 PM

Tags : :

There is a Veil in all of our heads

The threshold wall between the narcissistic fun-house mirror that most humans peer into and declare reality, and the multitude of various neutral observatory stations set up behind the eyes of the adept, as the swirl of impermanence and agnosis wraps around their senses, engulfing them in a torrent of vital fire that is their own senses and metabolism.

This Veil cannot be thought of as a physical or tangible force though, that is exactly what it arises from, but like a grandfather clock or an automobile arising from the various molecules and elements of the machine placed with intent by a human hand, the Eyes of the technician utilizing past-sight, present-sight, and fore-sight, guiding the unfolding of entropy, using the release of structure to power the machine, as well as being able to reinforce the machine to stay in such a form for only a certain amount of time (all things turn to dust). The Veil is what many magicians would understand as a ‘subjective” reality, but I say this to clarify, however be forewarned I am not contrasting this to an ‘objective’ reality. The Veil can be spotted by its pathology, namely;    It was indoctrinated, or has roots in indoctrination. It arises from ‘knowing’, not ‘remembering/observation/fore-thinking’ It is a continual methodology of dealing/categorizing one’s experience Regardless of the symbolism that arises from the Veil, the way it is utilized remains effectively similar.   

A person who could be said to be ‘under the Veil’ will not know they are under the Veil, though they might have suspected it somewhat before. The reason that the Veil is said to arise from physical reality, is comparable to the emotions / memories / inspirations etc that arise for a person who sees an old photograph of a loved one, or listens to a new song that heightens their mood/sticks in their head.   The Veil is made of what is known as ‘qualia’ much like old houses are made out of bricks, some new ones are made out of wood and drywall, or mortar, steel and concrete.   Qualia is a plural of quale, a noun and is defined as: A quality or property as perceived or experienced by a person.   A quale is not the property or quality of something, or the thing itself, but the experienced version of it individual to each person, and it can be argued there is no experience outside of qualia. This is not the same as ‘my belief makes true’, as heeding qualia as fact will and commonly does lead to failure, surprise and cognitive biases/dissonance. It is not the qualia itself that is the Veil, but rather how a person’s Self chooses to filter the qualia, namely the division is not dichotomous but polychotomous, and is more akin to ‘points’ in a third dimensional volume that ‘degrees’ on a hierarchical scale.  

The division would first appear to ‘split’ at a point, namely that the Veil can be thought of as unconscious, but so can’t needed reactions to reality, the ‘Piercing’ of the Veil can be thought of as conscious, but so can’t most decisions to ‘forget’ and ‘sink back under the Veil. This may seem confusing due to the flippant use of the word consciousness/unconsciousness, while also declaring it is a polychotomy and I shall clarify.      A conscious action can be defined as an action taken with ‘orientation’ guiding it, that is a combination of ‘past-present-future’ observation utilized towards a goal, where an unconscious reaction is anything the self performs automatically, without the ‘consensus’ of the “Prime Observer” consciousness in one’s self.     

An example: Is a wrench a tool or a lion?  

The mind knows that the wrench is a tool, because of associations, and the time that the mind takes to ‘know’ it is a tool is microseconds compared to the memories that one would have to access to ‘remember’ why a wrench is ‘defined as a tool’ and not a lion, what a tool is, what a lion is, and what a wrench is, how it is used, etc.      

At no point did the “Observer of Observation’ / “The Contemplator of Contemplations” or so named ‘Prime Observer” consciousness ever ‘decide’ the wrench was a tool, as it would have by using context. This was decided by an unconscious formatory intellect. By either sourcing context, which means to presently interact with sense-data so as to arise to a conclusion, or by re-sourcing sense-data through memories, the self can ‘arise’ at a decision filtered through itself. The ‘know’ judgment arises from only one point of datum (singular of data) associated automatically, through repetitive associations, and bears much room for error as there are no checks and balances of ‘context’, of multiple points if information leading the mind to arise at a conclusion, such as with ‘remembering      

This is relative to “The Veil” and “Piercing the Veil” because the “knowing’ is in a sense qualia ‘given’ to the “Prime Observer” consciousness automatically, but part of the disruptive pathology of the Veil is that the “Prime Observer” and the whole Self is “under” it, if they ‘accept’ the ‘given’ without realizing it was not a conscious decision, contemplation, or epiphany, but a reaction to outside stimuli with no conscious filter, only automatic filter.       

The “Prime Observer” consciousness is called so because it is the “I” that is alone, the “I’ that never leaves until ‘unconsciousness’. If you lose an arm, “You” are still existent  If you could theoretically have your brain hooked to a life support system, “I” would still exist. The “I’ that can watch itself watching itself, is an example of the ‘Prime Observer’ consciousness. The ‘know judgment’ can be thought of as a sort of “Automatic Intellectual” consciousness, and muscle reflexes themselves could even be thought of as its own consciousness.      

The Master Controller consciousness is not aware of the acceptance of “The Given”, they will not identify it as something outside of “I” and every decision, every reaction will be taken to heart as “Their Decision”, something “They Chose” and they will see themselves as a flawed creature, who has to learn, but they will not see that they are Not In Control. They will blame their faults and inabilities on “I”, not ‘this or that automatic function of the mind/body”, and they will always justify it, though the “Prime Observer” had nothing to do with the decision or how it was reached. They simply jump, when told to, by their other systems.“Know” functions, or “The Given” from parts of the mind to the “Prime Observer’ hold most of the harmful habits, paranoias, prejudices and ways of functioning to humans, and has been shown to elicit much less EEG activity than “Remember” functions and is associated with the rhinal cortex, where “Remember” functions are shown to provoke more EEG activity due to an interaction between posterior and anterior portions of the brain, the impact of this arises with the understanding that “Knowing” is mechanical/automatic and “Remembering” is conscious, extending to ‘Remembering’ the present, or future.       

The Veil is so called because we base our memories and experiences on the associative symbolism that arises to our experience/senses, and the more mechanical this is, the less choice the “I” has to enact, as well as they stray from what can be called the ‘super- probable’ (differentiated against “the Objective”) and will suddenly find themselves like aircrafts without guidance systems, yet still beholden to the ‘super-probability’ that they are effected by gravity. If someone walks down the street and is paranoid, they may not realize that nothing is dangerous around them, yet that is their qualia. It is a sort of ‘movie’ projected from their brain, onto their perception of ‘over there’ experiences.      There are levels to the Veil, but the truly horrifying one is the one that most people live under; for when a paranoid returns home, perhaps their family alerts them to the situation, forcing about a ‘conscious’ exercise in the paranoiac, asking them to ‘remember’ instead of ‘know’, but in the case of a collective delusion no one shall know anything is wrong at all.   theinfinitynetwork.org

Last Edited By: pan0ptic Dec 26 13 9:20 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 17 13 7:16 PM

It is the brides veil. It covers her face and only after the wedding ceremony is performed can the veil be lifted and the beauty of the bride exposed for all to see. In this ceremony however it is not the bride that arrives last it is the groom. It is the groom that is the surprise. Humanity is the bride and the son of man is the groom but no one knows him until the last minute.The bride has been chosen already. She is alive at this present time because nobody marries the dead. However not every one has been chosen. This bride was chosen and probably has no idea that she is chosen sort of like an arranged marriage. There is neither male not female in this marriage because it is a spiritual marriage. Both males and females have been selected amongst human beings by the spirit. They will be transformed into living Gods.Living temples as it were. At the lifting of the veil this wedding will be consumed and the groom will kiss the bride.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 22 13 12:47 PM

SigmundIvarsson wrote:
It is the brides veil. It covers her face and only after the wedding ceremony is performed can the veil be lifted and the beauty of the bride exposed for all to see. In this ceremony however it is not the bride that arrives last it is the groom. It is the groom that is the surprise. Humanity is the bride and the son of man is the groom but no one knows him until the last minute.The bride has been chosen already. She is alive at this present time because nobody marries the dead. However not every one has been chosen. This bride was chosen and probably has no idea that she is chosen sort of like an arranged marriage. There is neither male not female in this marriage because it is a spiritual marriage. Both males and females have been selected amongst human beings by the spirit. They will be transformed into living Gods.Living temples as it were. At the lifting of the veil this wedding will be consumed and the groom will kiss the bride.
My head is still spinning a little after reading the heavy school-book philosophy in the OP, so I'm not going to comment on it right now, though my knee-jerk impression is that this the basic thesis makes a lot of sense. But on the other hand, spiel you just wrote reminds me of things I've heard from the lips of street preachers proselytizing for the Unification Church. Are you a Moonie, or is the similarity an accident?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 26 13 1:24 AM

That you might have seen a fake rolex in Hong kong does not mean that seeing a real one diminishes the value of it. Any way aside from the fact that a rolex is a watch for peasants that want to appear royal. I have to admit that the above dissertation of knowledge did impress me. It is still what it is. Knowledge. I have a friend here in Japan working on his thesis in philosophy.I asked him what is philosophy? He said the search for knowledge. I had to correct him and said it was the search for truth. Knowledge can dispense untruth. But truth imparts nothing but knowledge. As it is said the pen is mightier than the sword and thus we can say that the ability to use words to convey truth is an art of almost divine skill. A gift of sorts. If this world is built on lies then the truth is a revolution. I as an individual have the unusual perception that all things have been prepared for me. Most people would think that I would be a good candidate for a permanent residence in an insane asylum but I say if you try to perceive things as I do you might have a glimpse of What God feels like. That is an anthropological field trip that I would not miss.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 26 13 8:15 AM

Are you a Moonie, or is the similarity an accident?

Wow! I never considered that angle before? I was always curious what Sigmund's religious background was other than the obvious, Heterodox Christian, but now since you've mentioned the Unification Church and his living in Japan, it seems like a perfect fit...

BTT, Rev.Moonie makes a point of some interest when he mentions a Bride's Veil and compares "it" to a cognitive veil? In the Judeo/Christian religious system the symbolism of Bride seems to represent the collective body of believers who are seeking to wed themselves to Christ. Perhaps the good Rev. can expand on the relationship he was trying to make?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 26 13 3:26 PM

Irreverent moon is what is commonly referred to as a false Christ or more precisely a false anti christ. In that anti Christ means instead of Christ. I am the real anti Christ being that I am Elijah. When Jesus was asked by his disciples what would happen at the end of times he said he would send Elijah that would lead all men onto truth. I will do so but since you try so hard to sound clever I will make you look foolish. God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise and you will certainly admit to being wise. Now when you dance circles around smart people you better do it in style so that it remains entertaining for eternity. Now as for church why would I attend any church since I have no intention to worship the devil. My divine nature forbids me to worship anything especially not someones ass like Muslims do five times a day. So you would like to put a label on my forehead.I dare you to try since I know how unique I am. I am the unique horn. The Matterhorn. The only horn that matters. I will turn this earth into my footstool and the more you resist the more foolish you will look. You will pay homage to me and attend pilgrimage to visit me. I am the lord your God. Please resist if you can. I am having to much fun with this.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 27 13 7:00 PM

many refer to a veil between worlds.  What i fail to believe is that there are multiple worlds to begin with.
Frankly there is One Earth, and since the universe is a living entity in the 'here and now'
Then, the idea that there is more than one fails to register.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 27 13 8:00 PM

Just stick to America. I think you have enough problems just in America. What with the NSA gathering intelligence on all Americans just like the Stasi regime in east Germany. Seventy FEMA camps all over America all capable of housing more than a hundred thousand people. Looking like internment camps what with double sixteen foot fences toped with razor wire patrolled by dogs. You come here to dispute vain philosophy. All these preparation have been made legally with your tax dollars signed into law by the legislators that you voted into office. I think you have your priorities mixed up.Now if Philosophy is the search for truth maybe some truth might lift the veil of stupidity that seems to have clouded your understanding. The practical details are also interesting. Stacks of hundreds of thousands of plastic casket liners. The kind used to bury biohazard materials. Police state red flag epidemics, martial law. The American government is getting ready to lock up some stupid philosophers.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 2 14 7:10 AM

Tiglibud wrote:
many refer to a veil between worlds.  What i fail to believe is that there are multiple worlds to begin with.
Frankly there is One Earth, and since the universe is a living entity in the 'here and now'
Then, the idea that there is more than one fails to register.
I agree with you, Tig.  But I've spoken with several people who take a very literal view of the "Many Worlds" interpretation.  I don't know if Everett thought communication between such worlds was possible, but lots of people who write science fiction have used the concept in good stories, and it's an idea too intriguing not to have adherents, even if it's only wishful thinking.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 2 14 9:31 AM

Well charlie have you seen the reverse speech thing that everything said forward has a message in it backwards I got one of those tape players that you can play backwards and it had OJ Simpson saying He was glad that the American justice system had vindicated him etc.. Then played in reverse it said I killed the bitch and the bastard too. I wonder if the same can be said about written script just between the lines as opposed to backwards. Wiliam Blake said we both read the bible day and night but thou readst black where I read white.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 4 14 8:50 PM

I know what you mean but that was a long lecture you gave asking a lot of effort from the reader to what effect. To making you sound smart. Was it worth it? I tend to challenge smart people. Thanks for the terms of endearment. Just what I needed around about now.

Last Edited By: SigmundIvarsson Jan 4 14 8:58 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 5 14 7:50 AM

bardoXV wrote:
SigmundIvarsson wrote:
. I am the lord your God. Please resist if you can. I am having to much fun with this.

Oh for joy, we've got another one?  

Yup, we've got another one. And of the hundreds of people I've met or corresponded with over the past fifty years who claim to be JC, this guy is one of the most interesting. IMHO, he has a pretty good grounding in comparative religion, including a fair amount of what passes for "advanced occult knowledge" as we enter the Twentyfirst century, and he's more articulate than the majority of his kind.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 5 14 7:57 AM

SigmundIvarsson wrote:
I know what you mean but that was a long lecture you gave asking a lot of effort from the reader to what effect. To making you sound smart. Was it worth it? I tend to challenge smart people. Thanks for the terms of endearment. Just what I needed around about now.

It has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you spamming just about every thread with your pseudo-insightful bullshit. Please keep your antics localized in the Think Tank sub-forum, if you don't have anything related to the topic, of the various subject matter to offer for discussion. I'd appreciate it.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 8 14 9:16 AM

My fruit of the spirit usually gets moved around by those in charge to wherever they think it belongs but basically if I say there was nothing made that was not made for me including this board where would you put it. I get banned from most boards I attend and expect no less from you. I actually am surprised nobody got offended yet.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 12 14 12:44 AM

I wish I had one.Did Pan optic actually get offended or he is just teasing me.To get back to the topic the cognitive veil. It is like a curtain between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind or like a curtain in a theater that separates the actors from the public or even like a curtain in the anthropomorphic temple between the holy and the holy of holies. Wen the curtain is lifted we shall know all things and become all things. Then a few years from now somebody will read this post and say my God he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 12 14 3:35 AM

SigmundIvarsson wrote:
I wish I had one.Did Pan optic actually get offended or he is just teasing me.To get back to the topic the cognitive veil. It is like a curtain between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind or like a curtain in a theater that separates the actors from the public or even like a curtain in the anthropomorphic temple between the holy and the holy of holies. Wen the curtain is lifted we shall know all things and become all things. Then a few years from now somebody will read this post and say my God he knew exactly what he was talking about.
IMO, panOptic is neither offended or teasing you: he's just following the precept of, "If you see the Buddha coming down the road, kill him." 

And as for your venture back on topic, doesn't "knowing all things and becoming all things" equate with "knowing nothing and becoming nothing", just as "we are all gods, we are all buddhas" equates with 'there are no gods, there are no buddhas"?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 13 14 3:34 AM

Well do you remember those old polaroid cameras where you had to pull a tab and all the chemicals would be blended and the picture resolved except this is the big picture. Why do you think we only use ten percent of our brain capacity. The rest is overhead able to handle all things. Getting the whole picture which we now can only see in part. I am a living Buddha as you might have guessed, just a prototype of what is to come to all men. You cannot change the past but a prophet can change the future by just speaking.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 13 14 7:51 AM

SigmundIvarsson wrote:
Well do you remember those old polaroid cameras where you had to pull a tab and all the chemicals would be blended and the picture resolved except this is the big picture. Why do you think we only use ten percent of our brain capacity. The rest is overhead able to handle all things. Getting the whole picture which we now can only see in part. I am a living Buddha as you might have guessed, just a prototype of what is to come to all men. You cannot change the past but a prophet can change the future by just speaking.
IMHO, the operations of the human mind are tied to the operations of the brain, which are incremental like the process used to produce a painting or drawing one stroke of the brush or pen at a time, rather than holistic like the developing of a complete photograph from a negative by a single chemical process. So anyone who claims to be able to see the "whole picture" is actually using to full powers of the mind LESS than the person who realizes that parts are being assembled into an ever-changing kaleidoscope of images that transcends the idea of a static "whole".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help